Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Total & Totally Blown Away

Things have been a little crazy around here the past few weeks as I work on wrapping up some designs before winter's end. (Ha! It feels like the warm weather will never arrive.)

But I just have to share the final results of the Olympic fundraising campaign which started with Bristol Ivy pledging part of her pattern sales to Lambda Legal and Equality Maine. Other designers joined in, pledging to support their chosen organizations; some local, some national or international.

Bristol just published the final tally. Tears came to my eyes and I got a lump in my throat when I read the amount.

$3042.97.

That's what you all accomplished by supporting this effort with your pattern purchases. Thank you all so much. And I'm so proud that my supporters were responsible for 8.5% of the final amount. The very thought is humbling, amazing and uplifting.

Knitters are good folk. Thank you all so much.

1 comment :