Monday, February 10, 2014

I may be crazy

...but I've cast on a new cardigan before I've finished seaming the last one.

I just couldn't resist Jimenez Joseph's Gakusei cardigan. I went through my stash and hauled out some Sanguine Gryphon Bugga which I purchased at Rhinebeck in 2012. It's perfect for this project: a nice rich navy blue

I only have 4 skeins and will round out the yardage requirements with some Sweet Fibre in red I picked up at the Toronto Knitter's Frolic last year.

I had to play with gauge and needles a bit, as the pattern calls for DK weight yarn and the Bugga is a sport weight. But size 4.0mm needles seem to do the trick. Plus, after doing some calculating I've gone up one size to compensate for minor gauge differences.

I love the simplicity of this pattern. Plus, it gives me the chance of adding a pop of color into my wardrobe without going too crazy. I'm a basic black kinda gal, if left to my own devices. So I try to add color to my wardrobe whenever I can.

The construction is clever too. I like that the side panel of color is knit separately and then seamed up with the front and back panels. Unlike many, I don't mind seaming.

What I do need to decide is whether to wear it open, with a button band or a zipper. I've failed twice on adding zippers to knit wear, so I'm leaning towards the first two options.

What's your crazy project at the moment?



No comments :

Post a Comment