Saturday, November 3, 2012

Test knit - Leap of Faith cardigan

This test knit is certainly a leap of faith for many reasons. It's the Leap of Faith cardigan as posted in the Free Pattern Testers forum in Ravelry.

I agreed to test knit this project initially for two reasons: I wanted to learn how to do a steek and I like the look of the finished cardigan. The name of the cardigan, comes in part, from the steeking required to open up the cardigan, which is knit in the round. It certainly is a leap of faith to cut your knitting in half.

Well, as I've come to realize, it's also a leap of faith to knit a cardigan in fingering weight sock yarn, when you're knitting a plus size. Each round takes forever! But it's coming out beautifully. I've chosen a lovely chocolate brown colorway of Cascade Heritage sock yarn.

As a reward for completing a few rounds, I'm allowing myself to work on a few rows of a Swallowtail Shawl in a lovely merino "Spice" colorway from SheepyTime Knits' Speshul Snowflakes Yarn Club.

No comments :

Post a Comment