Friday, October 19, 2012

Fabulous Pacific Knits

All photos credited to, and courtesy of,
Alexa Ludeman, Tin Can Knits
I first discovered Emily Wessel and Alexa Ludeman, the brilliant designers behind Tin Can Knits earlier this year when I test knit one of their delicious designs, the Low Tide Cardigan (Ravelry link). So impressed was I with their beautiful design, which is part of their most recent collection Pacific Knits, that I knew I just had to explore the others.

I was prepared to bookmark two or three of their designs for future knitting. Boy, was I surprised! Aside from one or two designs (I look awful in toques!), I'd knit them all.

Alexa and Emily have carefully crafted 18 must-have designs, inspired by the landscape, lifestyle and people of Canada's Pacific Coast. Wild and pretty, urban and rustic, Pacific Knits features five garments and a wide range of accessories: socks, mittens, hats, shawls, and a blanket.  The knits are sized from newborn to grandpa, so there truly is something here for everyone.

My eye was immediately caught by the Torrent sock pattern. I've never learned how to resist the perfect sock pattern.

Torrent
And I mentally tagged University for a friend of mine who is working on her Ph.D.
University



















All of the knits in this collection are virtually seamless. All but one are knit from the bottom up, in the round where possible. Alexa and Emily have taken great care in explaining the techniques used in their patterns as well as providing suggestions for modifying the garments to suit your preferred fit.
Campfire

Campfire, a matching father/son sweater, is adorable without being too saccharine. Whether you knit one or both, you'll end up with a sweater that is a timeless classic.
















PS. My daughter has asked me many times why I knit so many shawls when I don't really wear them. "Because they're so pretty," is my response. And looking at Rosebud, can you blame me for casting on another one?
Rosebud
















b

No comments :

Post a Comment